Previously when we used LiveChat legacy SDK, we had the following working well for us such as:
1. customer details (Name/Email/Phone) were being pushed into a chat ticket for a logged in user on our App (our inbound chats are solely from in-App chats and never via web widget)
2. We are able to view geolocation details of the user, as well as metadata of the mobile device (brand/OS version)
3. for logged in user, it will create the user profile (name/email/phone) in the Zendesk ticket exactly as per the user's details registered in our App, if there were no prior profile created in Zendesk.
Since migrating to Messaging SDK, we've been having the following issues:
1. JWT authentication is not working like how it was on liveChat legacy SDK
2. recently the JWT authentication did authenticate me as a verified user and the answerbot form did not ask for Name/Email and only prompted me to fill up Phone. (apparently Messaging SDK JWT is still not able to accept "phone" in the payload)
3. authentication of users are still not working 100% even for a recent test done on Sep 10th where the user was logged into our App, initiated a messaging conversation and it prompted user for Name, Email and Phone.
4. On some occasions, tickets gets auto merged for the same user that came into messaging on different timing
5. On other occasions, user initiated a messaging conversation then goes idle. When user resumes the messaging conversation again, it creates a new ticket without the initial botflow process. This is where my agent can get confused and starts to search for other related tickets to merge the ticket and continue the conversation with the user
Need some help on getting the JWT authentication working similarly to how it was on our livechat SDK (excluding the geolocation of mobile metadata as I am aware this is not possible in Messaging SDK)
Please sign in to leave a comment.