Version history for all users
Hi Zendesk team,
Is there any chance we can enable the version history for all users (including light agents and end users)? This would be extremely important for us since we use Zendesk Guide for the complete documentation of our software solutions, and we have many articles that are updated on a regular basis (whenever there is an update in our software), so editors as well as our customers need to be able to quickly identify the changes between versions to understand what has been changed in the software.
Since this is so important, we currently use the following workaround:
- We manually mark all changes in another color than the rest of the page and use strike-through for deleted content (which is not even available in the editor so we have to do it in html).
- We include a summary of the main changes in a version overview at the top of each article.
- We download each article as PDF prior to publishing a new version and attach these previous version PDFs in the version overview.
This is extremely inefficient, time-consuming and error-prone and causes a lot of frustration among our editors and also customers when changes aren't properly marked.
Our requirement would be as follows:
- Enable Revision history for all users:
- Visibility of Revision history should be configurable/selectable in article settings (based on user types/segments)
- Restore previous version should only be possible for admins and agents
- Delete previous versions should be possible for admins and agents
- End-users should not be able to see names of authors in revision history.
Please sign in to leave a comment.