You can use the Knowledge Capture app (available for Guide Professional) to create new articles for your Help Center, directly from the Support ticket interface. To do so, you need to create one or more templates for your agents to create their new content.
Any article in your Help Center that contains the tag
KCtemplate is available as a template in the Knowledge Capture app. You can create as many templates as you need. Here's how it works when an agent uses the app to create new content based on a template:
- Any new article created using a template is a duplicate of the template and does not overwrite the template article.
- All of the template's content and fields are duplicated for the new article, with the exception of the
KCtemplatelabel, which is removed.
- The template's status, draft or published is retained for the new article.
Agents can create new articles in any section where they have permission.
- Click Articles in the top menu bar, then select Add article.
Alternatively, you can open an existing article that you want to make a template.
- Enter a Title for your template.
Think about the type of templates you plan to create and consider including the type in the title. For example, you might want to create a Q&A template and a How To template, and include that in the template title.
- Consider the status of your template and either leave as Draft or change it to Published.
New articles based on this template will be created with this status unless the author changes it.
- Enter the headings and content for your template in the body.
You'll probably want to include headings specific to the type of template you are creating. For example, a Problem/Solution template might include sections for describing the problem, listing the conditions, and sharing steps for the solution. Check out this community discussion to share or get ideas about templates: Do you use a template to author your knowledge base content?
- Select a Section for the template.
You might want to create a specific, restricted Help Center section for agents to publish new content, depending on your workflow. Alternatively, you might want your agents to create all new content as drafts.
New articles based on this template will be created in the section you specify in the template, unless the agent changes the section. Agents can create new articles in any section where they have permission (see Allowing agents to add, edit, and delete articles). The template does not restrict agents to publishing in a specific section; access to each section is controlled by a section-level setting.
KCtemplatein Label.Note: You must add this label for your article to be treated as a template in the Knowledge Capture app.
- Click Create.
Now your template will be available to agents when they use the Knowledge Capture app to create new articles. For information, see Creating articles based on tickets.