You may want to give your agents the option to create private tickets on behalf of your customers. Private tickets are, for the most part, regular tickets with no public content - all comments and information is internal-only.
When a private ticket is created for an end-user:
- The end-user is not notified that a ticket has been created on their behalf.
- Private tickets do not show up in the end-user's My Activities list, or in Help Center searches.
For information on using private tickets, see Creating a private ticket for an end-user.
To enable private ticket creation
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Settings > Tickets.
- In the Comments section of the Settings tab, click the checkbox to enable Allow first comment on tickets to be private.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save tab.
When private ticket creation is enabled, a new tickets created by agents default to the Internal note option, as do all subsequent comments until a public reply is made:
If new agent-created tickets do not default to Internal note style, you may need to sign out of your account and sign back in.