You can create an automated out-of-office message, shown to your customers when your agents are offline, using a Chat trigger.
To create an out of office message
- From the Chat dashboard, select Settings > Triggers.
- Click Add trigger.
- Enter a name and brief description for your trigger.
- Click Enabled at the top to enable your trigger.
- Customize the trigger as follows:
Run trigger: A visitor sends a chat message
Check conditions: Check all of the following conditions
- Account status | equals | Offline
- Perform the following actions
Send message to visitor | Responder | [message text, such as "Sorry, I’m offline"]
- Click Save Changes.
The trigger defined above will run whenever a customer opens the Web or mobile SDK for an offline account.