Once you've enabled and configured Talk, you'll want to start giving your agents access. In this article, you'll learn how to configure the three levels of access for your Talk agents. Additionally, you can disable access to Talk so that the agent cannot use it.
Managing access to Talk
Access to Zendesk products is managed through the Zendesk Admin Center. Use the following procedure to manage access for your Talk agents.
To manage access to Talk
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then click Manage > People.
- On the People page, click the user you want to grant access to Talk. The user you choose must have the User type of Staff member.
Note: Currently, you can manage Talk access for one user at a time.
- In the users profile, under Role, click Manage in Admin Center.
Zendesk Admin Center opens on the Roles and access tab.
- In the Talk section of the page, enable the Access checkbox. If you don't enable this checkbox, the user cannot access Talk.
Tip: By default, the checkbox is not selected and users won't have access to Talk.
- From the Role dropdown, choose one of the following Talk roles for this agent. Choose from:
- Admin: An admin can manage all Talk settings found in Zendesk Support under Channels > Talk, but cannot make or receive calls.
- Team lead: A team lead is a Talk admin who can also make or receive calls.
- Agent: The agent will be the role you'll typically give. Agents can make or receive calls only.
The Talk Admin role does not consume a seat when used in conjunction with a free Support seat such as Contributor or Light agent.Important: If you're using Support Enterprise and an agent is a member of a custom role that has the Can manage channels and extensions permission, then that agent can access Talk settings including adding and deleting lines. If you don't want the agent to be able to change Talk settings, change their role to one that doesn't have the Can manage channels and extensions permission.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The agent now has access to Talk with the permissions you configured.