With the Zendesk Talk dashboard, you can view details about current queue activity, account-wide activity for the current day, and individual agent activity. Filter by numbers and agent groups or compare graphs of two metrics to get further insight.
This article covers the Talk dashboard. If you're on the Talk Team plan, see Analyzing call activity with the Talk Team dashboard.
Granting dashboard access with custom roles (Enterprise only)
Access to the Talk dashboard is controlled by a custom role setting in Support Enterprise. The role each agent is assigned to determines their permissions. For details, see Creating custom roles and assigning agents (Enterprise).
To edit Talk dashboard access permissions in a custom role
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Manage > People.
- Select Roles.
- Next to the role you want to modify, click edit.
- In the Channels, section, check or clear the box next to Can view Zendesk Talk dashboard.
- Click Update role.
- Support Enterprise
- Talk Enterprise, Professional, and Advanced
The setting is not available with the Support Enterprise (Legacy) plan or with any Talk plan not listed above.
Accessing the Talk dashboard
For Essential, Team, and Professional Zendesk Support plans, administrators and agents can view the Talk dashboard.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Talk.
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Select the number or numbers you want to view data for.
Viewing current queue activity
In the Current queue activity section, you can see real-time details about your call queue. For details on each metric, see Zendesk Talk dashboard metrics reference.
Viewing an overview of account call data
The Overview section displays additional metrics on your account's call activity from midnight to midnight for the current day. The time zone is based on your Zendesk Support account settings. For details on each metric, see Zendesk Talk dashboard metrics reference.
- Select two metrics to compare from the drop-down menus above the graph.
- Click the - symbol to remove the second metric.
- Hover over part of the graph to see details for a specific time increment.
Viewing agent activity for Talk Professional
The Agent Activity section shows a summary of call activity and current availability status for each agent. If you have selected a number, the Agent Activity section will list all agents in every group the number is routed to. For details on the metrics in this section, see Zendesk Talk dashboard metrics reference.
- Narrow down groups in the drop-down menu.
- Change an agent's availability status next to their name.
Click more to see additional details about an agent.