A query is a request for information from your Zendesk data. For example, you might want to ask "How many of my support tickets are in an open state?". With Explore, you can create and store multiple queries in the queries library. You can then arrange these queries on dashboards which you can share with others.
This topic shows you how to create a new, blank query using two different methods.
Creating queries from the queries library
You can create a new query directly from the Queries library. The queries library includes all of your created and cloned reports. You must have added a dataset or duplicated a dashboard to add a query from the queries library (see Working with datasets or Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards).
To create a query
- Click the Queries icon ().
- Click the New query button.
- Click the dataset containing the information you want to use in your report.
For help choosing a dataset, see Choosing and creating datasets.
You will automatically be redirected to Query Builder.
Creating queries from datasets
You can create new, blank queries from a dataset. To add queries from a dataset, you must connect to a Zendesk Support dataset (see Choosing and creating datasets or Cloning pre-built and shared dashboards).
- Click the Dataset library icon ().
- Hover over the dataset you want to create a query from.
- Click the Settings icon () to the right of the dataset name.
- Select New query from this... from the drop-down list.
Query Builder opens with a blank query.
Creating queries from dashboards
To create a query from a dashboard
- Make sure that the dashboard you have opened is in edit mode. In the dashboard customization menu of Dashboard Builder, click Add
- From the drop-down list, select Add query.
- On the Select a query page, click New query.
- If you need help creating a query, follow the articles in the Building queries section.