Sell provides a variety of apps in the Zendesk Marketplace that you can connect to Sell to help you store all your customer data in one place.
If your Sell account was created before 7 January 2020 and hasn't been migrated, you'll need to arrange to have your account migrated to be able to use the apps in the Zendesk Marketplace.
Apps connect your tools directly to Sell to help you get all prospect and customer information in one central place. Apps that you install on your Sell account appear on your records when you view individual leads, contacts, or deals.
Types of public apps
Depending on which Marketplace app you install, the level of integration can vary. There are two types of public apps that work in different ways in Sell:
- Contextual apps: pull information from other tools into the Sell interface. You can't take any actions with these apps. For example, with the Hubspot app you can view campaign activity on leads in Sell.
- Action-based apps: pull information from other tools and also allow you to take action from the Sell interface. For example, with the PandaDoc app you can view and create quotes from deals in Sell.
- Marketing apps like Mailchimp, HubSpot, and GetResponse:
Work with marketing activity and email campaigns with contacts and leads, and subscribe to or unsubscribe from app mailing lists within Sell
- Document Storage apps like Google Drive, Box, and Dropbox:
Create, view and share app folders and files relating to deals directly from Sell
- Accounting and invoicing apps like FreshBooks and PandaDoc:
Create and view app invoices, estimates, and documents directly from Sell
- E-commerce apps like Shopify:
View orders, order status, and payment details from leads and contacts in Sell
See the Sell App Directory for a full list.
Installing public apps
You can install public apps from the Zendesk Marketplace.
To install a public app
- Go to the App Directory for Sell. You'll see all the apps available to install with Sell.
- Choose an app, click Install, and select an account domain to install
the app from the drop-down list.
If you can't see your account domain, it's probably because you don't have admin access to the required domain, or we haven't migrated your Sell account yet (see getting access to Zendesk apps).
- Follow the install instructions for the app. You might need to authenticate or grant access permissions between the app and Sell.
After the app is installed in Sell, it'll appear in Settings > Integrations > Apps.
An admin can also remove Marketplace apps from your Sell account and disconnect the integration.
- In Sell, click the Settings icon (), and go to Integrations > Apps.
- Hover over the app you want to remove, in the lower right corner click the () dropdown menu.
- Click Uninstall.