Because the Zendesk Agent Workspace provides unified conversations across Chat and Support, this impacts some features on the Chat dashboard. This article describes how the Chat dashboard works when the Zendesk Agent Workspace is enabled.
This article contains the following sections:
About the Chat dashboard
When the Zendesk Agent workspace is enabled, the Chat dashboard is available for managing Chat settings, but not for serving chats. Chats are disabled on the Chat dashboard to prevent cross-chat confusion between the agent workspace and the dashboard.
Administrators can use the dashboard for most other chat-related tasks, including viewing a list of active visitors, viewing chat history, monitoring chat volume, managing chat tags, and managing chat settings, but there are some limitations. For details, see Dashboard limitations.
In addition to disabling chats, collections of Chat agents are now managed as Support groups, instead of Chat departments. For more information, see Managing groups of agents in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Opening the dashboard
You open the dashboard, the same way you open a standard Chat dashboard.
To open the dashboard:
- Click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, then select Chat.
- Agents set their chat status in the agent workspace, instead of the dashboard. They don’t see a chat status menu on the dashboard.
Agent status is set from the agent workspace, not the Chat dashboard See Setting your chat status.
- Agents serve chats in the agent workspace, not on the dashboard. They won’t see incoming chats on the dashboard.
- Incoming chats appear in the agent workspace, not the Chat dashboard.
- An agent can initiate chats by accepting new incoming chats, multi-agent chats, and transfer chats.
See Answering a chat.
- Clicking a visitor in the Visitor List on the dashboard, opens the chat in the agent workspace.
- When the agent workspace is enabled, the Visitor List (High Load Dashboard) is automatically enabled.
This section describes some limitations for the settings-only dashboard.
Limitations for administrators include:
- Administrators will not be able to initiate proactive chats.
- The Visitors List only has information about ongoing conversations. Visitor-level browsing information is not available. Instead, refer to Visitor path in the agent workspace.
Limitations for agents include:
- Agents cannot apply tags or see pre-applied tags on chat conversations. Agents cannot apply tags through shortcuts.
- Multi-agent conversation options are not supported and agents will not be able to initiate chats.
- Chat translate and auto translation are not available.
- The export transcript option is not available for ongoing chats.
- Agents cannot ban visitors based on cookies, but they can ban visitors based on IP address.
- Custom chat apps are not available, but you can create custom Support apps and use them for chats in the Zendesk Agent Workspace.