This article describes how you can add WeChat social messaging channels to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. WeChat is a popular, China-based mobile text and voice messaging communication service.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a WeChat channel
To support WeChat social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more WeChat channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add WeChat channels. For more information about how to find the information required to add a WeChat channel, see WeChat channel details.
To add a WeChat channel
- In any product, click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar, then select Admin Center.
- Click the Channels icon ( ) in the left sidebar.
- Click Add channel and select WeChat from the drop-down.
- Enter the Channel details.
- Copy the Whitelist IP addresses that appear on the Zendesk add channel page and configure your WeChat dashboard to whitelist these addresses. For details, see Whitelisting IP addresses.
- Click Update and continue.
Once your channel details are verified, the Webhooks settings appear.
- Copy the Webhook URL that appears on the Zendesk Add channel page and add it to your WeChat settings on your WeChat dashboard. For details, see Copying the Webhook URL and token to your WeChat account.
- When you've finished copying the Webhook URL and token to your WeChat dashboard, click Connect channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
WeChat channel details
To add a WeChat channel in Admin Center, you need the following information for your WeChat account:
- Channel name: Enter a unique name to identify the channel in Admin Center.
- Brand (for accounts with multiple brands): Select a brand to associate with the channel.
- App ID, App secret, and Encoding AES key: You can get this information from your WeChat dashboard. Copy this information from your WeChat dashboard to the appropriate fields in the Zendesk Add channel page.
Whitelisting IP addresses
When you add a WeChat channel to Zendesk, the Add line page includes a list of IP addresses Zendesk uses to communicate with WeChat. You need to configure your WeChat dashboard to whitelist these IP addresses.
To whitelist these IP addresses
- Open your WeChat dashboard.
- Click Basic configuration, located below the Development section, to find your WeChat whitelist.
- Copy the IP addresses from the Zendesk Add channel page and include them in your WeChat whitelist.
Separate each address with a line break.
Copying the Webhook URL and token to your WeChat account
When the Webhook URL and token appears on the Zendesk Add channel page, you need to add this information to the WeChat settings on your WeChat dashboard. This enables your WeChat account to communicate with your Zendesk account.
To update the Webhook URL and token
- Open your WeChat dashboard and click on Settings.
- Under Server configuration (enabled), paste the Webhook URL from the Zendesk Add channel page, into the Server Address (URL) field.
- Paste the Webhook token from the Zendesk Add channel page, into the Token (Token)field.
After you've added your WeChat channel, make sure your agents are set up to use the channel. See Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. Also, you can configure automatic responses to social messages your customers send you.