You can port an existing number that you are using to Sell Voice, however we do not currently support voicemail or call waiting in Sell Voice.
This article contains the following topics:
Before initiating a port request
There are a number of things to note before you start a port request:
- We can port most US and Canada phone numbers. Outside of those countries, porting is handled on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed - but our team is happy to work with our partner to attempt porting any number that Sell Voice currently supports.
- Ports for US and Canada numbers can take between 1-4 weeks. Other numbers can take six or more weeks, its always a good idea to check with Twilio for the specific porting timeline. During the process, your number may be unusable until the porting concludes.
- When a porting date is set by Twilio, changing it can be difficult and cause potential issues - do not initiate ports until you are ready to do so.
- Notify your current carrier that they must not disconnect the number until you’ve confirmed it is ok to do so.
When you are ready to port your number
When you are ready, send an email to Zendesk Customer Support (see Contacting Zendesk Customer Support) with the following information:
- The phone number(s) that you would like to port
- The carrier(s) for the numbers
- Does the carrier use Twilio?
- The country for the phone number
- Your most recent billing statement for the number
- Your planned go-live date for Sell Voice
- We recommend not initiating the port until after your go-live date to prevent porting early but we can, at your request, initiate it before that.
- Whether the port should happen only after a specific date
- Note that we cannot choose a day and time for the port to happen, but can often have a “Do not port until X date set”
- If you are porting a US-based number, include a Twilio Letter of Authorization form.
- If you are porting from a different country, our team will contact you for any additional forms we may need
- Your Twilio SID from the current carrier, if you are moving a number from another Twilio-based carrier
- If the number to be ported is a cellphone number, include your account details and PIN number in the porting request
After you submit
We'll keep you up to date throughout the porting process. We may contact you to obtain additional documentation or information if specific countries have different requirements. If you have any questions, let us know.
Porting a number from Sell Voice
Typically this is initiated on the gaining providers side first, and we automatically approve (if your account is in good financial standing) when your gaining provider attempts to move the number from Zendesk Sell. Porting a number to anther carrier can take around 3-4 weeks.