You can insert videos in the body of your help center knowledge base articles, either through the article editor toolbar, or by embedding code in your article.
Inserting videos from the article editor toolbar
To insert a video in an article using the article editor toolbar
- Copy the URL for your video.
Your video must be hosted on Vimeo, YouTube, Wistia, JWPlayer, Brightcove, Vidyard, or Loom. If your video is on one of the supported services, you can use this procedure to insert your video. You do not need to enable the option to allow unsafe content in your help center to do so.Note: If your video is not hosted on a supported provider, you'll need to insert the video by embedding code).
- In help center or Guide Admin, edit an existing article or create a new article.
- Place your cursor where you want the video to appear, then click Add video on the editor's toolbar.
- Paste the video's URL in the dialog box.
Note: To insert a video created using JWPlayer, use the URL format content.jwplatform.com/players/<video id>-<player id>
A preview of the video appears.
- Click Insert.
- When you are ready, click Save.
Inserting videos by embedding code
If your video is hosted on a non-supported service, use the article source code editor to add the video’s embed code to insert the video. Be aware that this means you must allow unsafe HTML (see Allowing unsafe HTML in pages).