All of the geolocation features in Zendesk Sell use Google Maps. With the geolocation feature you can track visits to leads and contacts in your directory and add Google Maps to your calendar appointments. To make the most of these features, you must first consent to using Google Maps, which is a non-Zendesk service.
This article covers the following topics:
Using the geolocation feature
Learn more about how you can use geolocation with your contacts and leads in Zendesk Sell:
- Tracking visits in Zendesk Sell
- Creating filters and lists on Android
- Creating filters and lists on iOS
- Using geolocation for your appointments and calendar with iOS
- Using geolocation for your appointments and calendar with Android
Understanding what data Zendesk sends to Google
Zendesk shares the addresses of your leads and contacts with Google to enable the geolocation mapping capabilities of those addresses with Google Maps.
As Google Maps is a Non-Zendesk Service, Zendesk Sell is not responsible for compliance of the Google Maps service with the Zendesk Terms. This includes any obligation of Zendesk with respect to the security or privacy of the Service Data shared with Google. You can review the Google Maps API Terms of Service as it will govern your use of this setting in association with your account.
Consenting to the terms of service
Zendesk uses Google Maps to provide the geolocation functionality found in Zendesk Sell. By enabling this setting, you agree that Google Maps is considered a Non-Zendesk Service under Zendesk’s Master Subscription Agreement. The agreement outlines the terms, including that Zendesk can share necessary data, including Service Data, with the Google Maps operator, Google Inc. (Google).
By clicking Enable, you are authorized by the Subscriber to enable this setting on behalf of this account, and that you agree to the Google Maps API Terms of Service as applicable to your use of this setting and that service in association with your Account.
Enabling Sell geolocation with Google Maps
To enable this feature
- In Sell on the sidebar, click the Settings () icon.
- Navigate to Integrations > Integrations > Google Maps, click Manage settings.
- Click Enable for all users.
- Confirm that you want to enable this feature, and click Enable.