Admins can create, edit, and delete tags. so they're available to all Sell users. Admins can also allow all users to define and apply their own tags to their own leads, contacts, and deals (see Managing tags for leads, contacts, and deals).
You must add tags separately for leads, contacts, and deals. However, when a lead is converted to a contact, its tags are retained and added to the new contact record (see Converting leads).
This article covers the following topics:
Setting predefined tags
As an admin, you can set predefined tags to create a better workflow for your Sell users.
To set predefined tags for Leads or Contacts
- On the Sell sidebar, click Settings ().
- Under Customize, click Leads or Contacts.
- Click the Tags tab.
- Click the Tags can be added by dropdown menu and click either: All users or Admin only.
- To add new tags, click +Add tag.
- To remove tags, click Trashcan () next to the tag.
Adding tags to leads, contacts, and deals
The tags that an admin user has created in the tags settings pages are available to be applied and then to be used for filtering and so on. If all users are allowed to add their own tags, they can be added as described here.
To apply tags to leads, contacts, and deals
- Select the element (a lead, for example) to which you want to apply a tag. For example, select the lead from the Leads page.
- Click the Edit button that appears next to the name of (in this case) a lead.
- Click the Tags field and you’ll see the list of tags that are available.
- Select a tag (or enter a new tag, if all users are allowed to add tags) and then
You can also tag multiple leads, contacts, and deals at one time using your working list and smart lists.
To tag multiple leads, contacts, and deals
- Select the Leads, Contacts, or Deals page.
- In either the Index or Table views on the Leads and Contacts page, or the Stage or Table views on the Deals page, select the all the list items to which you want to add tags.
- Click Tag.
- Select one or more tags to apply to the items you selected.
- Click Save.
Tags that are applied by Sell users to their leads, contacts, prospects and customers, and deals can also be removed from them by simply editing the element (a lead’s profile, for example) and removing the applied tag from the record.
Filtering by tags
After tags have been applied, you can use them as filter options and display only those elements (leads, contacts, and deals) that contain those tags.
To filter by tags
- On the Sell sidebar, click Leads, Contacts, or Deals.
- In the Filters panel, click + Field.
- Tags are filterable using the Tags field. This is available in the Properties category of tags.
- Click the Tags field to add the tag to the Filters panel.
- The tags that have been added are available to add as a filter. Select the tag (or tags) you want to filter on and the list will be automatically filtered based on the tag selected.
You can also use tags as filters in your reports.
To filter reports by tags
- Click the Reports page.
- Select the report to want to view and apply the filter to.
- Click open the Filters panel. You’ll see the Tags field.
- Select the tags you want to use as the filter.