This article describes how you can add a LINE social messaging channel to the Zendesk Agent Workspace. LINE is an all-in-one communications app for free text, voice, and video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a LINE channel
To support LINE social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more LINE channels to Admin Center. You must be an administrator to add LINE channels. For more information about how to find the information required to add a LINE channel, see LINE channel details.
To add a LINE channel
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select LINE from the drop-down.
- Enter the Channel details.
- Click Update and continue.
Once your channel details are verified, the Webhooks settings appear.
- Copy the Webhook URL that appears in the Zendesk Add channel page and add it to your LINE settings in the LINE Developer Center. For details, see Copying the Webhook URL to your LINE account.
- When you've finished copying the Webhook URL to your account in the LINE Developer
Center, click Connect channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
LINE channel details
To add a LINE channel in Admin Center, you need the following information for your LINE account:
- Channel name: Enter a unique name to identify the channel in Admin Center.
- Brand (for accounts with multiple brands): Select a brand to associate with the channel.
- Channel ID and Channel secret: You can get this information from the LINE Developer Center. Open the account for editing, then from the Basic settings tab, copy the values from the Channel ID and Channel secret fields in LINE to the Zendesk Add channel page.
Copying the Webhook URL to your LINE account
When the Webhook URL appears on the Zendesk Add channel page, you need to add this information to your LINE account in the LINE Developer Center. This enables your LINE account to communicate with your Zendesk account.
To update the Webhook URL
- In the LINE Official Account Manager, under Response Settings > Main settings, set Response mode to Bot.
- In the LINE Developer Center, click the edit icon for the Use webhooks setting.
- Next to Use webhook click the slider to enable it, then click Update.
- Click the edit icon for the Webhook URL setting again.
- Paste the Webhook URL from the Zendesk Add channel page, then click Update.
After you've added your LINE channel, make sure your agents are set up to use the channel. See Getting started for administrators in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. Also, you can configure automatic responses to messages your customers send you.
I followed all the step in this article, but the message I send to the line accnout does't not appear in zenDesk support.
I double-checked my configuration in line developer center.
However, we did add another line account in Channel integrations with LINE OA~, and that works. But those tickets do not count in chat explore.
We're glad to know that the Line integration worked! Though we may need to clarify the part where you said "But those tickets do not count in chat explore." Do you mean to see the Ticket from Line channel in Explore?
Phoebe Morin | Senior Customer Advocate
NEW - Zendesk offers free, on-demand training for all of our products. Set up your account and start learning today at training.zendesk.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.