This article describes how you can add a LINE social messaging channel. LINE is an all-in-one communications app for free text, voice, and video calls, moments, photo sharing, and games.
This article contains the following sections:
Adding a LINE channel
To support LINE social messages in the Zendesk Agent Workspace, you can add one or more LINE channels. You must be an administrator to add LINE channels. For more information about how to find the information required to add a LINE channel, see LINE channel details.
To add a LINE channel
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Messaging.
- Click Add channel and select LINE from the drop-down.
- Enter the Channel details.
- Click Update and continue.
Once your channel details are verified, the Webhooks settings appear.
- Copy the Webhook URL that appears in the Zendesk Add channel page and add it to your LINE settings in the LINE Developer Center. For details, see Copying the Webhook URL to your LINE account.
- When you've finished copying the Webhook URL to your account in the LINE Developer Center, click Connect channel.
When the channel connects successfully, a Channel added message appears.
LINE channel details
To add a LINE channel, you need the following information for your LINE account:
- Channel name: Enter a unique name to identify the channel in Admin Center.
- Brand (for accounts with multiple brands): Select a brand to associate with the channel.
- Channel ID and Channel secret: You can get this information from the LINE Developer Center. Open the account for editing, then from the Basic settings tab, copy the values from the Channel ID and Channel secret fields in LINE to the Zendesk Add channel page.
Copying the Webhook URL to your LINE account
When the Webhook URL appears on the Zendesk Add channel page, you need to add this information to your LINE account in the LINE Developer Center. This enables your LINE account to communicate with your Zendesk account.
To update the Webhook URL
- In the LINE Official Account Manager, under Response Settings > Main settings, set Response mode to Bot.
- In the LINE Developer Center, click the edit icon for the Use webhooks setting.
- Next to Use webhook click the slider to enable it, then click Update.
- Click the edit icon for the Webhook URL setting again.
- Paste the Webhook URL from the Zendesk Add channel page, then click Update.