Note: To route calls based on business hours, you must have Zendesk Support Professional or Enterprise.
You can configure when calls are routed to available agents based on your scheduled business hours.
Before you can assign a schedule to a number, you need to create your schedule in Support. On Support's Professional plan, you can set only one schedule. On Support's Enterprise plan, you can set multiple schedules. For details, see Setting your business hours and holidays.
To set routing for a Talk number
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Talk.
- Select the Lines tab.
- Click the number you want to set a schedule for.
- Click the Routing tab.
- Next to the Schedule field, select a schedule from the drop-down field:
Note: When calls are still in the queue at the end of business hours and no agents are online, calls will remain in the queue for the maximum wait time you've configured.
- Business hours: Route calls to this number only within your scheduled business hours.
- Always route calls: Always route calls to this number, regardless of your scheduled business hours.
- When you are finished, click Save changes.
Is it possible to have two different numbers which are working separately on different timetables in Zendesk Talk? (One number on working hours and the other one for the support 24/7)
Thank you for your help!
Yes it's possible.
For the first Line, you'll need to set a Schedule in the routing option. For the second Line, you'll just have to select "Always route calls".
Hope this helps!
To my understanding, the option Dane suggested, requires two different phone number.
Whereas, I would like to set from the same phone number, the IVR to teams with different work hours.
1> team A
2> team B
team A works on work hours. When it is closed, the customer received the callback option.
team B works 24/7.
Is it possible or I must use 2 different phone numbers?
Please sign in to leave a comment.