I need to forward tickets to a new external email outside of Zendesk. How can I forward tickets to an external mailbox? How do I forward emails from Zendesk to an external third party who is not a user on my Zendesk account?
There are multiple ways to send a message to a user who does not currently have a profile within Zendesk.
Set up a webhook
- Create a webhook.
- Create a trigger to notify the webhook with the ticket information. Under Actions add Notify webhook and select your webhook.
Change the requester
- To change the requester on the ticket, see the article: Updating ticket requesters.
CC the individual
- In a ticket, add the email address of the external user to the CC field. For steps on adding CCs to tickets, see the article: Adding CCs.
- Reply to the requester as normal.
- The CCed individual receives the updates by email.
Create a PDF of the ticket
- Open the ticket you want to print. Click the ticket options menu in the upper right, select Print ticket.
- Select the option Print to PDF.
- Your account will create a PDF of the ticket. Attach the PDF to an email to forward the ticket.
- Create a side conversation with the external email. For steps on creating a side conversation, see the article: Creating side conversations.