Important: This integration is only available for customers using the standalone Legacy version of Zendesk Chat. Accounts integrated with Zendesk Support cannot use JIRA for Chat. For help determining which version you have, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.
With JIRA-Zendesk Chat integration, the system can automatically create an issue in JIRA after each chat. An agent can also create a ticket manually by clicking the Create Issue button. All vital information from the chat, including the transcript, country, and IP address, are included in the issue description for easy access, like in the example below:
To set up JIRA integration
If you know your project key and issue type, you can skip to step 4.
- Log into JIRA and select Projects > View All Projects.
- Find the project key in the Key column for the project you want to use. Copy down this project key to use later.
- Determine the issue type for this project. To see which issue types are available for that project, click on the project name and view the options next to Create in the top-right corner. For example, in the screenshot below, the available issue types are Case, Bug, New Feature, Task, Improvement, Epic, and Story.
- From your Zopim account page, go to the Integrations tab and select JIRA.
- Enter your BaseURL, such as (https://jira.example.com), username, password, project key, and issue type.
- Click Save.
Note: To avoid manually entering visitor email addresses in JIRA, we recommend enabling the Pre-Chat form and requiring visitors to enter their email addresses. For step-by-step instructions, see this article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.