Check out what's new in the last month:
Also don't miss:
- The Next ticket button has a new look to prevent confusion with a control to collapse the context panel. This change is cosmetic, the button works the same as before. See Viewing tickets.
- Composers for the standard agent interface now support rich content and markdown within the same editor. You don’t have to choose between a rich content editor and a markdown editor for your agents. The rollout for this feature started on Jan 10, 2022 and should be complete by March 28, 2022. See Formatting options for agents.
- The Add user and Add organization interfaces have been redesigned to make error messages more visible and easier to see. See Adding agents and admins.
Messaging and live chat
- End-user authentication is now supported in messaging. You can verify the identity of your end users through end-user authentication before starting a messaging conversation. This gives agents more context and continuity when they view an end user's conversation history. See Authenticating end users in messaging and Working with authenticated end users.
- Emergency calling is now available for certain countries when using Zendesk Talk, allowing outbound calls to be made to emergency services (such as, 911, 999, and 112). In the event of an emergency, agents can quickly get in contact with emergency services using the Talk call console. See Emergency Calling in Zendesk Talk.
- Filter the audit log by activity type, including the new Exported type. In addition to filtering the log by date and the person responsible for the event, you can also filter by activity type. The list of activity types captured in the audit log includes: Created, Updated, Deleted, Exported, and Sign in. See Viewing the audit log for changes.
- Customers now have two new ways to speak with a Zendesk representative before making a purchase. Customers with trial accounts can click the Get help button, located in the banner at the top of their account.
Customers who are directly buying Zendesk can use the Messaging button on the payment page. See Buying Zendesk Suite.
- A new option to create a test ticket has been added to the Zendesk Suite trial wizard. Customers can try out their new Support email address by sending a test ticket and viewing the results. See Introducing Zendesk Suite trial tasks.
- Your customers can add multiple email addresses and phone numbers to their profiles and better manage their contact details. Customers can add up to 10 email addresses and phone numbers without contacting the customer support team. Customers can also delete email addresses and phone numbers, request verification emails, and assign primary emails and phone numbers. See Help Center guide for end users.
End-user authentication is now available in mobile SDKs and Web Widget for customers who have messaging enabled. See Enabling authenticated visitors for messaging with Zendesk SDKs in the developer documentation.