In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to calculate the number of agents who are using the knowledge section of the context panel.
With this report, you can extrapolate whether your agents are becoming more aware of your help center resources. If you have an implementation of KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service), this is a good way to understand how participation in the program is evolving.
This article contains the following topics:
What you’ll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
Creating the report
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Guide > Guide - Knowledge Capture, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Go to the Calculations () menu and select Standard calculated metric.
- Name the metric Users.
- In the Formula field, enter the following:
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list, select Calculated metrics > Users and then click Apply.
- Under Metrics, click SUM(Users) and change the metric to D_Count. Click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- Select Knowledge Capture and then click Knowledge Capture type.
- Click the filter Knowledge Capture type and select Created, Flagged, and Linked. Then, click Apply.
Customizing your report
If you want to add a timeline to your report and see how the number of agents participating changes according to time, add a time attribute to the report. In the example below, the timeline shows an overview per month.
- In the Columns panel, select Add.
- Click Time - Knowledge capture event and select Event - Year and Event - Month. Click Apply.
- Click the visualization type icon (). Select Line.
For more information, see Customizing reports.