I received an email that says that my Facebook page was unauthorized. Why did that happen?
Attention required: Facebook Page, [Name of the page], is no longer authorized
Zendesk constantly monitors your Facebook pages for new posts, messages, and comments. If Zendesk cannot connect with your Facebook page, it will send an email notification to all admins on your account.
There are different reasons for your Facebook channel to become deauthorized.
- The admin who authorized the Facebook page revoked their Facebook session. This can happen when the admin changes their password or chooses the option log out of a device after a password change.
- The admin who added the page removed permissions for the Zendesk Facebook app to manage your pages or access your Facebook page messages.
- Zendesk receives a consistent response from Facebook indicating that Zendesk isn't authorized to access the page's content. This should only happen due to an error in Facebook’s platform.
- You have not granted Zendesk management access to your account.
For more information, see the article: Setting up your public Facebook channel.
How to fix the issue
If you receive a notification that your Facebook channel has become unauthorized, follow the instructions in this article to reauthorize the account: Reauthorizing the connection between Zendesk Support and your Facebook pages.
Alternatively, watch this video that goes through all the steps in the article.
After reauthorizing your Facebook page, the reauthorize required label should no longer show up on the Facebook account.
For more information, see these articles:
- My Facebook integration stopped working
- I can't add my Facebook account to Zendesk
- How do I troubleshoot issues with my Facebook channel?