If you have configured your Zendesk Support and Facebook accounts to work together, at some point you may find you are unable to send or receive any public or private messages from your Support account (for example, from Facebook pages or via Facebook Messenger). If this happens, you can reauthorize Zendesk’s access to your Facebook account and check the connection between them.
This article includes the following topics:
How to reauthorize the connection between Zendesk Support and your Facebook pages (2:03)
Reauthorizing Zendesk’s connection to Facebook
There are a number of reasons why the connection between Facebook and Zendesk might be lost. If you determine that the Zendesk-Facebook connection is not working, you can reauthorize Zendesk’s access.
To reauthorize Zendesk Support to access your Facebook pages
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar, then select Messaging and social > Facebook Pages.
- Move the cursor over the name of the Facebook page and then click unlink to completely remove the page.
- Click Add new page. to re-add the Facebook page you removed in the previous step.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click Edit settings.
- Select the pages you want to link to Support, and then click Next.
- Adjust your permissions, if needed, and then click Done.
Note: If you want to use Facebook Messenger with Support, Manage and access Page conversations on Messenger must be enabled.
- Go to Facebook channel settings and enable Include Wall posts and Include private messages.
If the instructions above do not reconnect your Zendesk and Facebook accounts, see My Facebook integration stopped working for more suggestions.
Confirming the Zendesk-Facebook connection
To determine that the reauthorization was successful. To do this, you can create a view to monitor the flow of Facebook tickets through Zendesk Support.
To create the view
- In Zendesk Support, create a new view as described in Creating views to manage ticket workflow.
- Enter a Title for the view, for example, "Facebook posts".
- Under Tickets must meet all of these conditions to appear in the view, add:
- Status | Less than | Solved
- Channel | Is | Facebook Post
- Create a post on your Facebook page.
- Go back to the Support interface and open the view you just created. If you don't see the view on the list, reorder your views to move it up its position. Expect a small delay between the time you created the post and the time Zendesk creates the ticket.
The following video also walks you through the confirmation process:
How to verify that the Facebook integration is working (2:03)
Please sign in to leave a comment.