When my customers post on a Facebook page linked with a Zendesk account, there is a delay of several minutes between the post and the ticket it creates. Why is this the case?
The process to create tickets from Facebook pages is done by polling the Facebook API to find all new posts since the last poll time. This polling typically happens every two minutes but it may take longer in certain situations dependent upon when the Facebook API returns that post or message in question.
Confirm the Facebook integration is working
To check if Facebook is successfully connected to Zendesk, create a view to monitor the flow of Facebook tickets.
To create the view
- Add a new view.
- Enter a Title for the view, for example, "Facebook posts".
- Under Tickets must meet all of these conditions to appear in the view, add:
- Status | Less than | Solved
- Channel | Is | Facebook Post
- Create a post on your Facebook page.
- Go back to the Support interface and open the view you just created. If you don't see the view on the list, reorder your views to move it up its position. Expect a small delay between the time you created the post and the time Zendesk creates the ticket.
If the instructions in this article didn't solve your issue, see these articles:
- My Facebook integration stopped working
- How do I troubleshoot issues with my Facebook channel?
- I can't add my Facebook account to Zendesk