My Facebook integration is not syncing or working correctly. Messages from Facebook don't create tickets. I received an email notification saying that my Facebook page was deauthorized. I then tried to reauthorize my Facebook account with Zendesk but I received an error. The browser says that the page is linked, but, when I return to Zendesk, it shows the below error message.
The solution to this issue may have different steps:
- Reauthorize the Facebook page one more time
- Confirm the Facebook integration is working
- Next steps if the integration is still not working
Reauthorize the Facebook page one more time
If you tried to reauthorize your Facebook page and received a Page not found message, you may need to reauthorize the Facebook page once again but this time with the cache of your browser clear.
To fix this issue
- Sign out from your Zendesk account and from your Facebook account.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browser.
- On the same browser, sign back into your Facebook account. Your credentials must belong to an admin of the Facebook page.
- Sign back into your Zendesk account as an admin.
- Reauthorize your Facebook page by following the instructions in this article: Reauthorizing the connection between Zendesk Support and your Facebook pages.
Alternatively, watch this video that goes through all the steps in the article.
Confirm that the Facebook integration is working
To confirm that the Facebook integration with Zendesk is working, follow the instructions in this section: Confirming the Zendesk-Facebook connection.
Next steps if the integration is still not working
If you already unlinked your Facebook page from your Zendesk account, then remove the Zendesk integration from your Facebook page.
To remove Zendesk from Facebook
- On Facebook, go to the business integrations page to see the list of integrations connected to your Facebook account.
- Under Zendesk, select Remove to delete this integration from Facebook.
- Open an incognito or private browsing window in your browser, and complete the re-authorization steps again as outlined in this article: Reauthorizing the connection between Zendesk Support and your Facebook pages.
For other issues, see this article: How do I troubleshoot issues with my Facebook channel?