Admins can configure messaging and live chat conversation routing so agents are served new, incoming messaging and live chat requests without needing to click the Conversations or Accept buttons. Automating this part of the agent’s process can significantly boost their efficiency, ensuring optimal use of available agent capacity.
Auto-accept is available for messaging and live chat users. If you're using standard routing for messaging and live chat conversations, auto-accept is activated and managed in the Chat dashboard. However, if you are using omnichannel routing, your configuration options are managed in Admin Center.
For information on automatic conversation acceptance for agents, see Automatically accepting live chat and messaging conversations in the Agent Workspace.
This article covers the following topics:
About the auto-accept feature
Auto-accept is available for messaging and live chat customers on all plans with accounts that meet the following requirements:
- Agent Workspace is activated. See Activating and deactivating the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- Assigned routing is activated. Hybrid mode can be activated if needed. See Setting up notification routing for messaging
The following limitations currently apply to the auto-accept functionality:
- It is not compatible with the Broadcast mode of routing.
- Reassignment capability is not supported.
Turning on auto-accept for messaging and live chat
The auto-accept option for messaging and live chat users is managed in the Chat dashboard.
Note that if Hybrid mode is activated for notification routing, the agent experience will be impacted. See Configuring hybrid assignment mode.
To turn on auto-accept for messaging and live chat users
- In your Chat dashboard, select Settings > Routing.
- Click the Settings tab, and make sure Assigned is selected for chat routing. Auto-accept options are only displayed if Assigned is selected.
- In the Auto-accept section, select On.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
Turning on auto-accept for messaging users with omnichannel routing
If you have activated omnichannel routing, auto-accept is managed in Admin Center as part of the omnichannel configuration. Note that even with omnichannel routing activated, currently the auto-accept feature only works with messaging conversations.
Auto-accept functionality is not compatible with reassignment timing, which must be turned off before activation.
To turn on auto-accept for omnichannel users
- In Admin Center, click Objects and rules in the sidebar, then select Omnichannel routing > Routing configuration.
- On the Routing Configuration page, click Edit next to the configuration you are using.
- Turn off Reassignment timing.
- In the Auto-accept for live channels section, select Turn on auto-accept.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.