After you've set up web or mobile messaging or added a social messaging channel, you need to enable access for each agent who will participate in messaging conversations. To do so, you assign each agent a Chat Agent role.
To give an agent access to messaging
- In Admin CenterAdmin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- On the People page, locate the team member on the page or use the search to find the team member.
- Click the user you want to grant access to Messaging to open their profile.
Currently, you can manage access for only one user at a time.
- Beside Chat, click the Access checkbox to enable it.
- From the Role dropdown beside Chat, select Agent.
- When you are finished, click Save.