Setting a timezone for your account ensures that the Tymeshift App will show the correct date and time for your region. If your team is global, the timezone switcher allows you to apply other timezones when you create schedules, monitor daily work, and more.
This article contains the following sections:
Setting an account timezone
You can set your account's timezone in Tymeshift or from within the Tymeshift App in Zendesk. After it's set, it's assigned as the default timezone for all your team members, unless you specify otherwise in a user timezone.
To see your account timezone
- Hover over the admin icon, then click Settings.
- In the Time section, select a Timezone from the menu.
Your selection is saved automatically.
Using the timezone switcher
You can use the timezone switcher throughout Tymeshift and the Agent schdule app within Zendesk to change the timezone you see. It's helpful for quickly calculating timezone differences among your agents.
To access the timezone switcher
- In Tymeshift, click the globe icon.
- In Zendesk, access the Agent schedule app. Click the globe icon.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about the timezone switcher:
- The timezone switcher overrides your default account timezone.
- The timezone you use when creating a schedule should match the timezone of the team or agent that you're scheduling.
- The timezone switcher helps you to see your agents’ activities in their exact timezone.