Your Assigned Tickets (or improved Guided mode views)
TL;DR, as an admin I'd love to have the ability to disable and/or edit the 'Your assigned tickets' view.
A default system view named Your assigned tickets is added to the agent Views interface whenever we enable the corresponding permissions under Guided mode.
This view shows all Open, Pending and On-Hold tickets assigned to the current agent, sorted by last update (desc.):
Because teams across support operations may work differently, this view can quickly go from a helpful resource to a constant nuisance... And this is because administrators can neither edit, nor disable it.
From personal experience, and no matter how much we keep reminding our agents under Guided mode to avoid this view, they usually end up attending the view by mistake (when they should be focusing on those Views specifically created for them). Team leaders also report apparent 'errors' that - after troubleshooting - are related to this view... And the fact that something that looks so simple can't be edited by admins is frustrating, because all we can reply is "that's just how it is" or "please ignore it".
Although I do believe it was in Zendesk's best intentions to have this view separated and available for everyone setting up Guided mode when the feature was launched, it would be great to have administrative control over it.
Because the ideal solution for this inconvenience will probably differ from one Zendesk customer to another, I'll try to submit to Zendesk Product team's consideration a few suggestions that could appease the majority.
Possible solutions (please read as and/or) follow.
(1) Allow admins to show/hide it. A simple checkbox in Ticket settings, for example, that would allow us to disable it.
(2) Allow admins to edit it. This way each Zendesk customer can decide what to show here; sort it according to time until SLA breach, exclude internal tickets, only include Open and On-Hold, etc.
But what if an agent belongs to multiple groups and we don't want to have tickets from all their groups under the same view?
(3) Extra: 'unguided' views per group. I personally like the idea of having views separated in the UI (as if to say 'here are the core views an agent should always be paying attention to').
So if we look at the 'Your assigned tickets' UI as an improvement opportunity, this separation of 'unguided' and 'playlist' views could be used to our advantage.
For example, suppose we could set up a maximum of three unguided views per group:
These unguided views would allow 'cherry-picking', of course, so it would be up to each Zendesk customer how to set them up.
However, this would allow for a B2B group to have a couple of unguided views, for example, while the B2C 'support level 1' group would have none.
That's it; hope this all makes sense!
Please feel free to upvote and/or share your own use cases and/or additional suggestions for this feature in the comments below.
Totally agree. I feel Guided Mode is not ready for prime time because of how restricting it is.
- No way to report on skipped tickets or at least tag them so managers/admins have an easy way to show which tickets were skipped or which agents are skipping the most.
- Not every view should have Guided Mode enabled. For example, if an agent has tickets On-hold and they hear back from an engineer with a workaround, an agent has to click "Play" on a view and keep skipping until they find the on-hold ticket they are looking for. This is such a waste of time and suboptimal. Same for if an agent is looking for a specific Open ticket.
- The "Your assigned tickets" view isn't edited to include On-hold tickets or grouped in a certain way to make it easier to find the ticket they're looking for.
I couldn't agree more with your suggestions.
I was just looking for a way to achieve most of the things that Allen was talking about. It would be great to enable only specific views in Guided Mode. Maybe we could specify either multiple roles per person or change Guided mode to apply to a group rather than a role? I can see this as a fix to still allow agents a "Your unsolved tickets" view that would include On-Hold items while being unguided.
Agent Group = Tier1 & Tier 2
View1 -> Guided Tier 1 & Tier 2
View 2 - > Unguided Tier 2
That agent would see View 1 and View 2, but View 2 would be unguided as opposed to View 1, which is open to everyone in a guided view.
Just a thought.
Please sign in to leave a comment.