When an end-user is on our Help Center and submitting a support request via the web form or widget, I'd like the web form to enable end-users to perform specific self-service actions, such as requesting a refund similar to what Doordash built if their order is missing an item. For example:
- An end-user would like a refund, and they choose the refund option from one of the ticket fields.
- The web form or widget will make an API call to the customer's account in Stripe and pull their most recent payments.
- The end-user will select which payment they'd like to refund.
- An API call is sent to our backend, where we have a set of conditions that a refund will be processed, such as the amount, if a refund has been requested in the past, and specific account usage information (e.g., the last activity date).
- If the API response is "true," then an API call is sent to Stripe to process the refund.
- Stripe will send a response with a status of "succeeded."
- A message is displayed to the end-user that their refund has been processed.
There might be different use cases as well. For example, maybe an end-user is experiencing an issue with their account that requires a Support Engineer to reset their token. We may want to automate this when they submit a ticket by building a custom flow.
Does Zendesk, and potentially third-party apps/services, support this type of workflow?
Please sign in to leave a comment.