Adding a Message Us button to your website, mobile app, or help center allows customers to discover and connect to your WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger channel.
If you choose to add a Message Us button, you’ll need to configure the elements as described below, then add the HTML code snippet to each page on the website or mobile app where it should be displayed.
This article includes the following topics:
Configuring the Message Us button
Before you add the Message Us button to your site or app, you’ll need to enable and configure it. The button appearance is based on these configurations.
To configure the Message Us button for your social messaging channel
- In Admin Center, click Channels.
- Click the social messaging channel you want to configure to open its Edit page.
- Click the Message Us button tab, then configure the following options. As you make the selections below, a preview of the button is updated on the right side of the channel page:
- Color: Choose a gradient style for the button, Dark gray or White.
- Size: Select Compact or Regular.
- Corner radius: This number determines how rounded the button’s corners are. Enter a number from 0 (right angle) to 20 (near quarter-round).
- Width: Enter the length you want your button (up to 400 pixels).
- Label: Enter the text you want displayed on the button.
- Click Save when your updates are complete.
Once configured, you can add the button wherever you want it displayed.
Adding the Message Us button
After you’ve configured the options above, you can add the code snippet to your website, mobile app, or help center.
To add the Message Us button to a website or mobile app
- Copy the code snippet to your clipboard.
- Paste the snippet into the HTML of every page that should include the button before the closing tag.
To add the Message Us button to your Zendesk Guide help center
- In Guide, click Guide Admin at the top of the page, then the Customize design icon () in the sidebar.
- On the theme you want to edit, click Customize, then click Edit Code.
- In the Templates section, click the template you want to modify, and add the snippet before the template’s closing tag.
- Click Save.