If you have the correct settings, you can copy (CC) and @mention certain people on tickets. You might do this if you want someone else to be aware of the ticket or provide some feedback about it. You can only add users as a CC on a ticket if they have an account in your instance of Zendesk Support.
Though both of these actions add other people to the ticket, they have some basic differences:
This article includes the following topics:
Adding agents or end-users to a ticket using the CC list
You can CC both agents and end-users, if you have the correct permissions. CC recipients are notified when a ticket update contains a comment. Agents are notified whenever new public and private comments are added to the ticket. End-users are only notified about (and can only add) public comments that have been added. If agents do not want end users to be CC'd, they can open an email message with #note.
A CC recipient is not copied if any of the following conditions applies:
- the CC recipient added the comment
- the ticket is updated without a comment
- the CC recipient will get a trigger notification too
- the CC recipient is listed on the "To" line of the email that generated the comment (or in the case of a new ticket, the email that created the ticket)
- the CC recipient is added to your blacklist (see Using the CC blacklist)
To add a CC to a ticket
- Select a ticket from one of your views.
The CCs field is displayed in the ticket properties panel.
- Begin entering a user's name, email domain, or organization name and the relevant results appear.
You can quickly add yourself as a CC by clicking cc me above the CCs field.If you want to CC a user that doesn't have an account, you can add them by clicking +Add user at the bottom of the search results.
- Select the user. The changes you make to ticket properties are saved immediately.
To remove a CC from a ticket
- Click the delete button (X) in the person's name box in the CC list.
End users are not able to remove CCs, only add them.
Adding an agent to a ticket using @mention
Agents and admins using the rich text editor can easily add other agents to the ticket's CC list with the @mention comment feature. If you are not using the rich text editor, have your admin enable it for you. See Enabling formatting options for agents for more information.
To add an agent with the @mention feature
- Begin writing a comment (either Public reply or Internal note).
- In the body of the comment, type "@" followed by the beginning of the agent's name. For instance, if you want to include agent Jane Doe, type "@Jan".
- Select the agent you want to add from the autocomplete menu.
- Finish composing your message, and click Submit.
The agent mentioned is automatically CC'd on the ticket, and will receive all normal CC email notifications for that ticket. If they are logged in, the added agent sees a notification in the upper-right corner of the Zendesk Support interface informing them that they were mentioned on the ticket. This notification disappears after one minute.