This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. To learn more about these features, see the What's New webinar.
- Core support features
- Improved views, triggers, and automations list pages
- Branded agent signatures
- Deleted ticket view
- Default for drop-down custom fields
- More options for channels and business rules
- Ticket comment filters
- Extended reporting for custom fields in Insights
- Ability to require 2-factor authentication for admins and agents
- Channels features
- Channel integrations and Channel framework
- Transfer calls to groups in Zendesk Talk
- New option to validate end-user phone numbers
- Collect more posts from Facebook
- Self-service features
- Improved end-user experience for submitting and managing requests
- New Web Widget customization options
- Attachments in Web Widget
- Zendesk provisioned SSL certificates
- Apps and integrations
- JIRA linked ticket reporting
- Salesforce ticket forms selection
Core support features
- Improved views, triggers, and automations list pages provide a better management experience with a new look and feel, pagination, search by title, more sorting options, reordering options, and bulk management options. See views, triggers, and automations.
- Branded agent signatures enable you to include branded information in your signatures, such as phone numbers, websites, or addresses. Instead of a single signature template for your account, there's now one for each brand. See Adding a common agent signature and branded signatures.
- Deleted tickets view enables you to recover deleted tickets, permanently delete ticket data without scrubbing, and limit access to the deleted ticket view. See Viewing and recovering deleted tickets.
- Default for drop-down custom fields enables you to set a default option on a custom drop down field if you have one value that tends to be used most of the time, and you'd like to save a few clicks for agents or end users.
- More options for channels and business rules gives you the ability to target a rule or segment a view based on the integration's account by enabling a condition called "Integration Account."
- Ticket comment filters enables agents to filter public replies or internal notes so that they can save valuable time when getting to the crux of conversations. See Introducing the agent interface.
- Extended reporting for custom fields in Insights increases the limit of custom field reporting in Insights, from about 140 custom fields to more than 500. See Reporting on custom fields in Insights.
- Ability to require 2-factor authentication for admins and agents using standard Zendesk authentication. When 2-factor authentication is enabled, you enter your password as usual, then you'll be asked to enter a 6-digit passcode sent or generated just for you. See Using 2-factor authentication.
- Channel integrations automatically turn reviews, comments, or messages from Amazon, eBay Trustpilot, and other external systems into tickets in Zendesk Support. Replies made in Zendesk post right back to the original source. These integrations were built on the Channel framework(an extension of our Apps framework), which easily turns data from external sources into tickets in Zendesk Support.
- Transfer calls to groups in Zendesk Talk (Basic and Advanced), as well as to external numbers. See Transferring a call.
- New option to validate end-user phone numbers using E.164, the internationally standardized format for all phone numbers. See Validating user phone numbers.
- Collect more posts from Facebook provides two new ways your support staff can communicate to Facebook users without ever leaving Zendesk. You can now opt to let hidden posts and unpublished posts create tickets in Zendesk Support. See Setting up the Facebook channel.
- Improved end-user experience for submitting and managing requests includes inline errors on the submit a request form, ability to sort requests by “created at” and “updated at,” ability to mark a request as solved without a comment, and a link to the parent request in a follow-up request.
- Attachments in Web Widget enables end-users to attach files when submitting a question in the Web Widget contact form. You must have ticket attachments enabled (see Enabling ticket attachments).
- Zendesk provisioned SSL certificates enable you to protect your host mapped Zendesk brands easily, by letting Zendesk manage the SSL certificates for you. See Changing the address of your Help Center domain.
Apps and integrations
- JIRA linked ticket reporting enables JIRA users to sort their JIRA issues by the number of Zendesk tickets linked to each issue. See Setting up the JIRA integration.
- Salesforce ticket forms selection enables Salesforce users to apply Zendesk ticket forms when viewing or editing tickets inside of Salesforce. See Getting Started with Salesforce.