If you have the Social Messaging add-on and have added WhatsApp, LINE, or WeChat accounts to Zendesk Support, you may want to set up the auto-responder for those channels. The auto-responder sends messages automatically to end user when you when you receive their messages.
- Installing and setting up the Social Messaging add-on
- Installing and configuring the WhatsApp in Zendesk Support integration (Social Messaging add-on)
- Setting up your LINE or WeChat channels (Social Messaging add-on)
- Using social messaging channels (Social Messaging add-on)
- Using the WhatsApp in Zendesk Support integration (Social Messaging add-on)
Setting up the auto responder
You will need to set up the auto responder for each of the WhatsApp, LINE, and WeChat accounts that you have added to Zendesk Support (for example, there is no way to do this just once per channel). You must be administrator to set up the auto responder.
Note the following about how the auto responder works:
There aren’t any “actions” in triggers and automations for notifications, so the auto responder is the only way to send an automatic response (see Adjusting views and business rules for WhatsApp tickets).
There’s no character limit and the auto response is sent once a day (not every time the end user sends a message).
You can add user properties to the auto responder, such as the user’s first and last name, if desired. For more information about what properties you can use and how to correctly format them, see Managing user information in the Smooch help center. The user properties used in the auto responder aren’t the same as user property keywords used in other parts of Support.
To set up the auto responder for WhatsApp, LINE, or WeChat
- From Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar and then click Channels > Channel Integrations.
- On the Channel integrations page, click Social Messaging.
Note: This only appears if the Social Messaging add-on is installed.
- On the Accounts tab, open a channel for editing.
The Edit account screen displays.
- Click Auto responder.
- Turn on the auto responder toggle.
- Edit the default auto responder message.
- Click Apply changes.