Sunshine profiles and events enable agents to view additional information about a Shopify customer in a ticket. This article explains how to configure the Shopify integration and Sunshine to view a Shopify profile in Support and Shopify events in the customer context interface.
This article contains the following sections:
Understanding Sunshine profiles and events for the Shopify integration
Events that are tracked in Shopify include the creation or modification of customer accounts, and actions performed to an order and during checkout. You can view a timeline of these events in the customer context interface.
The Sunshine profile and events for Shopify is shown when the ticket requester’s email matches the customer’s email address in Shopify. By providing a consolidated view of the customer, agents can provide quicker and more efficient customer service.
Sunshine profiles and events for Shopify are enabled in Admin Center, which are described in the following sections.
Enabling Shopify events in Sunshine
The Shopify events feature is enabled in Admin Center by selecting events for the Shopify storefront and enabling Zendesk events for Sunshine.
- In Admin Center, click the Apps and integrations icon () in the sidebar, then select Integrations > Integrations.
- In Shopify, click View.
- Under Your Connections, select the storefront and click Configure.
- In the left sidebar, select Sunshine.
- Select the Enable Shopify events checkbox, then select the
Shopify events to view in Sunshine.
- Click Save.
- Select the Sunshine icon () in the left nav bar.
- Select Sunshine features, then select the Zendesk Events checkbox.
- Click Save.
It may take up to 24 hours for the Shopify events to be available in Sunshine. Events are available from the time of activation, and not for retroactive events.