The Atlassian Statuspage integration for Guide allows customers to see status page incidents on your help center pages. This keeps customers informed of any service incidents or degradation, reducing the need for them to raise support requests.
This article contains the following topics:
Uploading the script as a help center theme asset
- Download the statuspage-widget.js file.
- In Guide, open your theme, then click
- In the assets directory, click Add asset.
- Select the the statuspage-widget.js file on your computer, and
Adding the code snippet to the header template
To complete setting up the integration, a script is added in the header template to display status page incidents in your help center.
To add the code snippet to the header template
- In Guide, open your theme, then click Edit code.
- In your theme code configuration page under the templates directory,
click the header.hbs handlebar file. The file content is displayed.
- In the header.hbs file, paste the following snippet after the
- Replace YOUR_STATUS_PAGE_URL with your public Atlassian Statuspage URL. You can also use the Zendesk test status page URL https://test1282.statuspage.io/ if you need to test and verify your installation.
- Click Publish. The status page is displayed
help center.Note: If the public Atlassian Statuspage URL is incorrect, or if an invalid JSON is returned, the widget will not appear in your help center. If Atlassian Statuspage is not fully operational, the widget is not displayed.
Deleting the Atlassian Statuspage widget
To delete the integration, delete the statuspage-widget.js theme asset and the snippet you added in the header template.
I get an error everytime I try to add this as an asset
I edited the down load and it had /******/ on every line - tried removing it and it still won't load
All I get is a pop up on the right hand side of the screen saying failure to load - is there another source to get this file
I noticed that a ticket has already been submitted for this concern. Please continue to work with our engineer that is assigned on the ticket you have requested.
John DiGregorio - What was the issue, did you have to generate the script from your status page?
Should this widget appear when there are no active incidents?
As far as we can see here. This notification status will appear if there is an active incident or degradation posted on your Atlassian Statuspage. Is it behaving differently on your end?
Please sign in to leave a comment.