Ensure tickets are addressed in the appropriate order with Guided mode, a custom role option that requires agents to work through tickets using the Play button.
Understanding the agent experience in Guided mode
In Guided mode, agents can access views using the Play button. When agents click the Play button, the system automatically opens the first ticket in the view. After addressing the ticket, the agent clicks Submit to update it and automatically move to the next ticket. The Submit button is not available until a change is made to the ticket.
The next ticket is the next ticket in the view according to the view's sort order (see Using views to manage ticket workflow) that the agent hasn't already skipped and that no other agent is currently viewing. For more details, see Using the Play button.
When an agent completes or skips the last ticket in the list, the list wraps back to the top and the first ticket in the view is opened.
- See and open all tickets assigned to them in the system Your assigned tickets view.
- Click on any other view to open its available ticket and start Play mode. They won't be able to see a list of the tickets in the view. Once they've started a view in Play mode they can click Skip to skip a ticket, but are prompted to enter a reason.
- Agents in Guided mode will still be able to view and open tickets they have access to from end-user or organization profiles and through search.
- Tickets in Guided mode aren't automatically assigned to the agent who is working on them unless you create a trigger to automate this assignment.
- Guided mode may show an agent another agent's assigned tickets. This can happen if the tickets meet all view conditions, agent permission settings, and are not being viewed by another agent.
Setting team member access to Guided mode
You'll need to create or edit a custom role and assign it to the team members who should have Guided mode access. For details, see Custom agent roles.
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Roles.
- Next to the role you want to modify, click edit.
- In the Agent workflow section, select View permissions > Play views only.
- Click Save.
Viewing skipped tickets
In Guided mode, team members can choose to skip a ticket. After they click Skip, a window appears prompting them to enter a reason.
Note that Guided mode team members can still click Skip in the above window without entering a reason. If you're looking for specific information from team members when they skip tickets, you should communicate expectations on entering reasons and how you'll be using the responses.
Review skipped tickets and reasons in a Guided mode team member's user profile. Looking through skipped tickets can help you identify specific knowledge areas and processes that team members are struggling with.
Admins can view skipped tickets for any agent in Guided mode. Guided mode agents can view their own skipped tickets only.
- In Admin Center, click People in the sidebar, then select Team > Team members.
- Open the team member's profile you want to view.
- Click Play only.
- A list of tickets the agent has skipped, along with each reason entered, appears. Click on a ticket to open it and view additional details.