This article will help you to set up the SMTP and IMAP protocols needed for your email integration in Sell (see Integrating email with Zendesk Sell). IMAP is the incoming mail server and SMTP is the outgoing mail server.
If you’re setting up an email integration in Sell using an email system other than Google Mail, you may be prompted to provide your IMAP and SMTP settings. If you don’t know what these settings are, and you’re trying to set up an integration with your company’s email address (for example), your IT team can provide you with that information.
Here is what you’ll need:
- IMAP server and port
- SMTP server and port
- A third party verified SSL certificate
You can find your IMAP and SMTP settings in the email client that you’re already using. Refer to the following topics to find your email client:
Apple Mail (Mac computer)
- Open Mail on your Mac.
- From the Apple menu bar, select Mail > Preferences.
- If you have multiple email accounts connected to Mail, select the email account you want to connect to Sell.
- Click Server Settings.
- Locate the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) host name and the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) host name.
Note: Sometimes you need to select Edit SMTP server list from a dropdown list to view the SMTP server name and port. Try the following common ports if yours are not provided: 993 for IMAP and 587 for SMTP.
iPhone (Apple mail)
- Open Settings () on your iPhone.
- Click Passwords & Accounts.
- Choose the email account that you want to connect to Sell.
- On the Account page, you’ll find your SMTP and IMAP mail server details.