Zendesk Explore features a prebuilt dashboard tab named Flow Builder that helps you monitor your bot's performance. The dashboard can help you identify how many users received a message from the bot, how many users actively engaged with the bot, and how many users’ conversations were transferred from the bot to an agent.
You can edit and customize the Flow Builder dashboard tab by cloning it. If you need something more complex, you can create your own reports using a wide range of metrics and attributes. For more info, see Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Answer Bot.
The information in Explore dashboards is updated on a schedule. The schedule depends on which Explore plan you are using. For details, see Data refresh intervals for Explore reporting.
Accessing the Flow Builder dashboard
- In Explore, click the Dashboard icon () in the left sidebar.
- From the list of dashboards, select the Zendesk Answer Bot dashboard.
- In the Answer Bot dashboard, click the Flow Builder tab.
Understanding the Flow Builder dashboard reports
The Flow Builder dashboard shows information about your users’ engagement with the bot you've built with Flow Builder and deployed across messaging channels. You can filter the reports on the dashboard by Time, Brand, Channel, and Language.
Flow Builder dashboard headline metrics
- Total users: The number of unique users who received a message from the bot.
- Engaged with bot: The number of total users who actively participated in the conversation (for example, sent messages or selected options presented by the bot).
- Transferred to agent: The number of engaged users whose conversation was transferred from the bot to an agent. Also represents the number of tickets created.
Flow Builder dashboard reports
Users by month: Shows the total users, engaged users, and
transferred users each month.
Top selected options: Shows how many times each quick reply
option has been selected by an end user, ranked in descending order of
count by default. If a quick reply option is available in multiple
languages, or has had its wording updated since originally released,
those will show up as separate rows in this report.
Use this report to understand your customers’ most common inquiries or problem topics, and how they’re typically interacting with the bot. A limited number of rows are visible by default. To see more, you can scroll down in the table, expand the table to see more at once, or export the data into a CSV or Excel file to view it there.
Users by day of week or hour: Shows the total users, engaged
users, and transferred users each day. Clicking Hour toggles the
graph to show the same data for each hour of the day.
Users by brand or channel: Shows the total users, engaged users,
and transferred users by brand. Clicking Channel toggles the
graph to show the same data for each messaging channel.