Agents can create new help center articles directly from the Agent Workspace using the Knowledge section of the context panel. Articles can be created from a blank article or any pre-defined templates that are available.
To create an article in Knowledge
- In the ticket that you are working on, click the Knowledge icon () to open the context panel.
- In the Knowledge section of the context panel, click Create article (+).
- Click Blank article to create a new blank article, or select a template from the list, to create a new article based on an existing template. Templates within the list are populated based on the ticket requester locale and ticket brand.
- In the Title field, enter a name for your article.
- Enter the content of your article and use the article toolbar for formatting options.
Note: Information from the ticket is not automatically populated in the article. However, you can manually copy and paste content from the ticket into your article.
- After you have created an article, specify the following article settings:
- Managed by - click the dropdown menu to choose who can edit or publish the article.
- Visible to - click the dropdown menu to choose who can view the article in your help center.
- Publish in section - click the pencil icon () to choose a section to publish the article in. You can scroll or use the search bar to find the appropriate section.
- Open for comments - select this checkbox if you want to allow people to comment on your article.
- Promote article - select this checkbox to float your article to the top of the most recently published articles.
- Author - click the dropdown menu to choose who you want to assign as the author of the article.
- Owner - click the dropdown menu to choose who is responsible for the article.
- Labels - click the dropdown menu to add new or existing labels to help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Template - click the dropdown menu to choose the type of article template (for example Draft).
- Attachments - click Upload attachment to add an attachment from your computer.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Save to access the following options:
- Save - click to save the article without publishing it.
- Publish - click to save and publish the article.
- Schedule article - click to save the article and schedule the date, time, and time zone when you want the article to be published. You also have the option to schedule the article to be unpublished.
After you've published the article, the event is captured for reports on the Knowledge Capture dashboard (see Analyzing your Knowledge Capture activity).