This article covers the following topics:
You can also watch the quickstart video to learn more about selling using Sell Voice and text (2:17)
Selecting a Sell phone number
To use Sell Voice, you must confirm your own phone number, then select the Sell phone number that you will use to make and receive Sell Voice calls. Only one user needs to activate the account and proceed through all of the following steps. For all other users of the same account to pick their own Voice number, they can skip steps 1-4 and repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.
Unlike Talk, in Sell you can only assign one phone number per user, agents for example cannot share the same number. However you can mask a number in Sell Voice.
To select a Sell phone number
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Communication Channels > Voice and Text.
- Enter your own phone number, including the country code, to activate your account. This must be a mobile phone that you have immediate access to. A text message with a verification code is sent to your phone.
- Enter the code that is displayed on your mobile phone into the verification code field, and click Verify.
- Click Choose your own Sell Phone Number.
- Select your country code from the drop-down list.
- Start typing to search for available phone numbers based on part of a phone number, zip code, or area code.
For example, if you want your Sell phone number to begin with "2345", type these characters and a number is proposed, if there is one that matches.
If you can't find a United States number with a certain area code, you can contact Zendesk Customer Support They may be able to assist you.Note: Toll-free numbers are not available in Zendesk Sell. However, if you own a toll-free number, then you can import it into Sell.
- Click Claim this Number.
This is your new Sell phone number and you are ready to call your leads and contacts.
If you are recording calls, you must adhere to applicable laws and regulations (see Best practices when recording calls).
Your Sell Voice number shows on the call recipient's Caller ID.
Setting up a transfer number
If you don't want to make a call through your computer, you can set up numbers for inbound and outbound calls.
(123) 456789. Select a country code from Default country code. This code is used as a prefix when you make an outbound call, unless you specify a different country code when dialing.
When you click a lead or contact's phone number, you'll see on option to call them using this bridge phone number. If you choose this option, your transfer number will ring.
After you pick up your transfer line, Sell Voice calls the contact for you. The call is still recorded and logged in Sell.
For inbound calls, you can choose to transfer to a mobile number when you're not available (for example, if you are on another call). Enter a transfer number, for example,
(123) 456789. When a lead or contact rings you and you are busy, the call is transferred to this number.
Restrictions to Sell Voice numbers on trial accounts
The maximum number of SMS are limited to 100 for trial accounts.