The Pipeline Coverage widget and report provide you with quick dashboard insight into whether or not you need to bring more deals into your pipeline to hit your revenue goals.
You need to have defined sales goals (see Setting and tracking sales goals), have added sales forecasting data to your deals (see Sales forecasting your deals), and have at least 60 days of historical data about closed deals to track pipeline coverage.
To view the Pipeline Coverage widget and report
- Select the Dashboard page.
- Select the My Dashboard tab.
- If the Pipeline Coverage widget is not already visible on the dashboard, you
can add it by clicking +Widget. Click the Pipeline Coverage widget and
it is added to your dashboard.
- The widget displays a summary of the report. To view the report, click the widget.
The widget displays the two calculated values Current Pipeline Value and Pipeline Value Needed.
The report displays your team’s pipeline coverage for the time period as a percentage of your covered pipeline for hitting your revenue goal.
To see the data in this report, the estimation of your deal pipeline coverage, you need to have set up and entered data for the following two deal fields:
- Sales Revenue - This goal represents the total revenue target to achieve in a time period. (see Setting and tracking sales goals).
- Estimated Close Date - This is the date that the deal owner entered into the deal card – an estimation of when the deal might close. (see Sales forecasting your deals).
When you select to view the report by group, the view of the data changes.
The following values are automatically calculated:
- % Pipeline Coverage - This is the ratio of Current Pipeline Value / Pipeline Value Needed. The percentage changes in two cases. First, when you make updates to a deal’s Estimated Close Date in the selected timeframe of the report. Second, when you close deals within your specified timeframe, meaning that you have less of your remaining goal to achieve.
- Current Pipeline - This is the total value of all active deals with an estimated close date that is within the selected timeframe. This doesn't include Win Likelihood.
- Pipeline Value - This is the estimated pipeline value that you need to achieve your goal for the selected timeframe. The remaining goal for the selected timeframe x Last Period Coverage Ratio.
- Remaining Goal - The value of the deals needed to achieve the goal.
- Last Period - To determine how far you are from achieving your goal, the value of the goal is multiplied by a special ratio called coverage ratio. Coverage ratio is based on your team’s historical win rates (1 / Historical Win Rates of your team).
To make this all clearer, here’s an example of how this is all calculated.
- Your team's win rate last month was 20%. This means that your Last Period is 1 / 20% for a result of 5x.
- Your Remaining Goal for this month is $1M and your Current Pipeline is $2M (active deals estimated to close this month).
- To achieve your Remaining Goal of $1M, your total Pipeline Value is $5M (5x $1M).
- Therefore, your % Pipeline Coverage is 40% ($2M/$5M). You only have 40% of your pipeline covered and will need to bring in more deals to hit this month's goal.
As with other reports in Sell, you can apply filters to the pipeline coverage report. You can filter the report by Owner and Team.
If you want to save the customized view of the data you created, click the Save button. A summary view of the data is also shown on the widget