In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that shows the number of chat engagements by department. The report also uses size encoding to show the average duration of the engagements.
What you'll need
Skill level: Advanced
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Chat data in Zendesk
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the reports () icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Chat > Chat - Engagement, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Engagements > Engagements and Duration - Chat engagement (sec) > Engagement duration (sec), then click Apply.
- Click Engagement duration (sec) and change the metric to Size.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Chat engagement > Engagement department, then click Apply.
- From the Visualization type ( )menu, click Dot.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Displayed values. Then change Show value to Show.
The report is complete. See the screenshot below for an example of how it will look.
To make it easier to see the values of the average chat engagement duration for each department, you may wish to edit the datatips. Follow the steps below.
- From the Chart configuration () menu, click Datatips.
- Use the Select an element to add drop-down menu to add each of the elements in the report. Check out the example below:
Users viewing this report can then hover over each dot to see the average engagement duration per department.
When I created a Chat Engagement query, I'm confused about "Engagement department", "Transferred chats", and "Transfers". Why are their value are null or 0? There is only one ticket that has "Engagement department" and "Transferred chats".
In each chat, I did transferred chat to another agent or department. Transferred chat to different agent or department as shown as "agent name (agent department)"
I'm trying to create a report that tells whether each chat is forwarded to another person or department. Including telling the number of how many CIS's chats are forwarded to other departments such as Tech.
Please sign in to leave a comment.