What you'll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the custom metric in Explore
All merged tickets have the tag closed_by_merge. You can use that information to exclude tickets that were closed by merge by creating a standard calculated metric in your query. Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- In the Calculations panel of query builder, select Standard calculated metric.
- Enter a name for your custom metric, for example, "Exclude closed by merge".
- Add the formula below and select Save after.
IF (NOT INCLUDES_ANY([Ticket tags], "closed_by_merge")) THEN [Ticket ID] ENDIF
- In the Metrics panel, click Add. In Calculated metrics, select the metric you created.
- In the Metrics panel, click the added metric and change it to D_COUNT.
For more recipes on reporting with tags see this article: Reporting with tags.