This article describes a few of the main talk features that you can use in the Zendesk Agent Workspace. It assumes that an administrator has set up Talk for your Zendesk account and you have set up your browser or phone for calls. For more information about the workspace, refer to About the Zendesk Agent Workspace. For more information about using talk, refer to the Agent guide for Talk.
This article contains the following topics:
Setting your Talk agent state
You can set your agent state directly from the ticket interface.
To set your state
- Click the Talk button on the right side of the toolbar.
- Select an agent state from the drop-down menu in the Talk console.
Online: Signifies you're available to answer calls. If you don't answer, Talk waits for 30 seconds, then routes the call to the next online agent.
Away: Signifies internally to other agents that you're not available to take calls. For example, during a break. Calls are routed to another agent who is available to answer.
Offline: Signifies internally to other agents that you're not available to take calls for an extended period of time. For example, outside your regular working hours.
- Transfer only: An agent in this state is not available to take calls from the current queue, but another agent can transfer calls to them.
If all agents are offline, incoming calls are routed to voicemail. If all agents are away, incoming calls continue to be queued and the values your administrator has set for maximum queue size and maximum queue wait time behavior are in effect.
This section describes basics of how to talk with callers in the agent workspace. Agents can answer calls directly from the workspace.
If you're in Zendesk, online, and receive a call, the call console appears in the upper-right corner of the Support page.
To take the call
- Click Accept to answer the call.
When you accept the call, the call console begins recording the call and a ticket is created. For details, see Understanding how Talk calls become tickets.
The talk counter in the upper-right shows the time of your call.
- To learn more about the caller, click User to see the caller's essentials card and interaction history.
- When you're finished with a call, click the Hang up button to end the conversation.
Making outbound calls from a ticket
In the agent workspace, you can call from an existing ticket. When you make a call from an existing ticket, the call details are added to that ticket.
To make an outbound call from an existing ticket
- Select the ticket you want to use to call the requester.
- Above the new comment field, click Call.
- Select an existing telephone number or click Enter a new number to manually enter a new number to dial.
The Talk console opens and calls the selected number.
In addition to calling from a ticket, you can also make calls from the Talk console or from the user's profile. For more information, see Making outbound calls.
There are no limitations for using talk in the agent workspace. The workspace supports all features available in the Talk console and all talk management and reporting options. For more information, see Talk resources.