Related items on the Leads, Contacts, and Deals cards enable you to keep track of everything in one place, which is especially helpful because you don't have to jump back and forth between systems to compile relevant information into a sales context.
This article covers the following topics:
What are related items?
Related items are items that are associated with a lead, contact, or deal. After your admin configures which object types are related to your Sell objects, you can link a specific item to your lead, contact, or deal. Which means you can store additional information to add context around your lead, contact, or deal.
Adding a related item
To simplify your workflow, you can add items to your lead, contact, or deal without having to leave the page you're on. Your admin has already added a Related items widget to your view in Leads, Contacts, and Deals. It is up to you to add an item that relates to your deal.
To add a related item
- On the Sell sidebar, click Leads, Contacts, or Deals.
- On the right side of the page, under Related, go to the item that you would like to add (for example Products), and click Add.
- In the Add to Products dialog, you can search for the product you want to add, or select the product from the list.
It is the same procedure to add a relationship.
- Click Add.
The product or relationship is now available on the Lead, Contact, or Deal card.Note: The related items widget in Sell only supports 50 related objects for a relationship type.
Removing a related item
You can just as easily remove related items from your deal as you can add them.
To remove a related item or relationship
- On the Sell sidebar, clickLeads, Contacts, or Deals.
- Click on the lead, contact, or deal that you want to remove a related item from.
- On the right side of the page, under Related, hover over the item that you would like to remove (for example Previously used competitors), and click the (X) icon to the right of it.
- In the Remove from dialog, confirm that you want to remove the item and click Remove.
The item or relationship is now removed from the deal.