Using the Live calls dashboard, team managers can see at-a-glance all ongoing calls, listen in on agent conversations and barge in on calls when agents need support or escalation.
- Your account must be a member of the Admin or Team lead Talk role in the Zendesk Admin Center. To learn how to configure roles for your users, see Giving agents access to Talk.
- To listen to live calls, your Talk role must be Team Lead (admins cannot access live calls).
- Users with only the Analytics > View Zendesk Talk dashboard permission cannot monitor calls.
- Users with the correct permission who don't have a Talk Agent seat can view the dashboard but not interact with calls.
This article contains the following topics:
Viewing the Live calls dashboard and monitoring calls
- The agent on the call
- The group the agent belongs to
- The call type (inbound or outbound)
- The caller number
- The ticket related to the call
- The call duration
Use the procedure below to learn how to open the Live calls dashboard and monitor calls.
To view the Live calls dashboard and monitor calls
- From the product tray, select Talk.
- In the new tab that opens, click the Live calls icon in the sidebar.
The dashboard opens. You can filter the dashboard by agent or group name using the search field in the upper right.
- In addition to viewing live call information, the dashboard enables you to take the
Listen into a call: To monitor a call without notifying the agent or caller,
click Listen. Note: If a call shows a status of IN MONITORING, it means that another administrator is already listening to the call. Only one user can listen to a call at a time.
Join an existing call (barge): Click Barge to join the call. The agent
and caller will both hear a beep notifying them a third party has joined.
Click End barge to leave and return to listening in to the call.Note: Only one agent can barge into a call at a time. The original agent must remain on the call; if they disconnect, the call will end.
- Stop listening in: Click Leave call to stop listening to the call.
- Listen into a call: To monitor a call without notifying the agent or caller, click Listen.
Auditing call monitoring activity
You can export a comma-separated values (CSV) file containing an audit report of call monitoring activity.
To the call monitoring activity report
- In Admin Center, click the Channels icon () in the sidebar, then select Talk and email > Talk.
- Click the History tab.
- Click the Export Monitoring CSV button.
The report will be emailed to the address associated with your user account.
4+ years have passed while maintaining "listen in" will be available for non-admins someday and still no progress? That's a long time to have something on a roadmap.
Hi all -
Another friendly reminder that comments on articles don't feed into the product feedback collection that our product managers use for prioritization. All feature requests, usability improvements, and other product feedback should be posted in the Feedback Topics in the community. Here is the place to provide feedback on things related to Zendesk Talk.
We would like the ability for a manager to be able to listen in to a call and speak with the agent without the client hearing the manager. Is that option available?
Hi Priscilla -
I'm afraid that's not currently possible; perhaps chatting with the agent via Slack or another similar platform might be an option? I'd encourage you to use the link Nicole posted in her response above to provide us with feedback on our Talk product -- we have a template you can copy and paste into your post, to help provide our product team with the best information on your needs. Thanks!
Hi there, may I know if regular agents have access to any form of dashboard UI/UX for them to monitor the following:
1. no. of calls answered
2. no. of calls missed
3. no. of abandoned calls
and any other metrics that an agent can track and monitor from their end?
Agents on the default Staff role won't have access to the Talk dashboard. You can give them access via the default Talk roles or via custom roles with Talk dashboard access. Here's a related article as reference: Granting dashboard access with Talk roles.
Here's an article that lists all the metrics that can be seen in the Talk dashboard: Zendesk Talk dashboard metrics reference.
Hi is this a good view for us the most real time agent activity? like how many agents are available, on call, etc at any given time?
The Talk Dashboard is the tool you are looking for if you want to see how many agents are available or on call in real time.
You can find more information on the Talk Dashboard in our article: Analyzing call activity with the Talk Team dashboard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.