There are a number of Zendesk Sell plans to choose from that cover a range of your business needs. These plans can be used on a month to month basis, or on an annual contract. All users on your Zendesk Sell account need to be on the same plan.
This article contains the following topics:
- Updating billing information and viewing invoices
- Updating your Zendesk Sell subscription
- Adding and removing Zendesk Sell licenses
- Why was my credit card declined?
- Why am I being charged for a user that was deleted from my account?
Updating billing information and viewing invoices
You can update your credit card details and billing information, as well as view and download recent invoices in Admin Center. However, if you have a legacy account, you can update this in Settings > Upgrade > Billing.
Updating your Zendesk Sell subscription
All changes to your Zendesk Sell subscription are made in Admin Center > Account > Billing > Subscription. Click Manage to update your subscription.
If you're downgrading your subscription, your new subscription plan will take effect after your current billing period ends. If you're upgrading your subscription, your new subscription plan will take effect immediately, and you'll be issued a pro-rated charge for the rest of your current billing cycle.
Adding and removing Zendesk Sell licenses
Use this guidance to add or remove licenses (seats) in Zendesk Sell:
- For plans created after July 1, 2020. Licenses are managed in Admin Center > Account > Billing > Subscription. See Viewing and managing plan subscriptions.
- For legacy plans, see Adding and removing Sell licenses.
Why was my credit card declined?
There are a number of reasons why your card may have been declined when trying to sign up for Zendesk Sell or pay for your account. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Insufficient funds: If you do not have sufficient funds available in your account, try topping up your card, or using an alternate card.
- Declined payment: Your bank might decline the transaction for a number of reasons. You'll need to contact them to determine why the transaction was declined.
- Address mismatch: The postal code entered when trying to make a payment needs to match the billing postal code of your card. Entering a different postal code may prevent the payment from going through.
- Temporary hold: If you or your bank has applied a temporary hold on your account, you will be unable to use that card until you remove the hold.
- Fraud: If your bank suspects that your card may have been stolen or is being used for a fraudulent transaction, they may prevent this payment from going through. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.
- Invalid card or account number: If you have incorrectly entered your card number or details we will be unable to process your payment. Please double check your card details to ensure that they are correct.
Why am I being charged for a user that was deleted from my account?
Deleting users from your Zendesk Sell account is a two-part process that involves both deleting the user from your Settings > Preferences > Manage Users and downgrading the number of seats on your account.
You need admin rights to downgrade the number of users of your account.
Select Settings > Upgrade > Plans and Pricing, click Manage to change the number of seats in your account. After you have downgraded the number of seats, you will no longer be billed for this user.