This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
- In Zendesk Support, click Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Scratchpad" in the search bar at the upper-right of the page.
- Double-click on the Scratchpad app icon, and click Buy.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Scratchpad app, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- Click Install.
Using the app
The Scratchpad app in the ticket sidebar allows you to type notes in a quick, shorthand manner. When in wrap-up mode, you can then format the notes and add more detail. You can copy the note to the internal ticket comments and save the note for future use.
- In the Scratchpad app, enter and format the note the text field.
- Click Add as internal note to add the note including the formatting, as an internal note in the ticket.
- Click Save to library to save a note for future use. A modal is displayed.
- Enter the name for the saved note and click Save to library.
- In the Scratchpad app, under Loading existing note, select the saved note from the drop-down list.
The note is loaded in the text field.
- Update the note and click Save to library and enter the same name to overwrite the exisiting note, or enter a different name to save as a new note.
- Click Save to library to save changes.
Version 1.0 - 2020-11-16
- Initial release